Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hello!


     My name is Alexis Smith. I am a Junior at Marshall University. I am writing this blog about my journey through my honors class "The Book Beautiful." At Marshall University, I am very lucky to be able to study my two passions, language and International Affairs. 
     As an assistant librarian and a lover of books, I will learn the small components of a book that make it a thing of beauty in and of itself, from its pages to the type of binding used. As a linguist, I am passionate about the words on the pages. This class will help me see that the book can be judged more deeply than just the words printed upon its pages! I am very excited and nervous for this journey into uncharted territory! 
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" --Lau Tzu 

 Thanks for Reading,  

 Alexis Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment