Saturday, May 2, 2015

Finished Project

The End of an Era


This semester is coming to a close and so is the Book Beautiful class. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time, thanks to Doc Ingersoll. Making a book is a time intensive project, so much so that it literally moves you to tears when it's done.  Before this class, I didn't think that I was this creative, but by being pushed out of my comfort zone, I have discovered I can make books!!
During the semester, we designed and carved our own Ex Libris. We selected each individual piece of our books methodically, then just as methodically learned to cut and sew our materials into a functional book. I made a travel journal so I could record all the adventures I will have abroad in this blank journal. I am beyond proud of how it turned out :) This gave me such respect for professional book binders and artists!!






No comments:

Post a Comment